Friday, February 23, 2007

Why Am I Doing This?

One of the reasons I started this blog was to point out what was good and bad in the animation being produced today. I am not an insider, but I do love the medium and have a healthy respect for what has gone before as well as strong distaste for the blasphemy often shown now.

We see things such as Cartoon Network showing live action movies. Coming soon to a television near you Re-Animated: The Series. I know it has been said time and again since this started by others, but it deserves to be said again. Why call it Cartoon Network? I know it used to be, but now they want to make it more Nickelodeon and less its own channel. We don't need another Nickelodeon. We do need a proper CN.

To cap this post off with the right note just in case a CN exec. is reading. We also do not need another preschool channel. Leave Boomerang alone. If you put as much effort into getting Boomerang on more systems than on developing bad preschool programming you might find the audience Boomerang calls to has been there all along. In my household, we watch more Boomerang than CN or Nick.

This is an incomplete post insofar as I will revisit this subject when the subject calls.

No comments: